- Vitamin D is really a hormone and not a vitamin.
- Similar in structure to other hormones, it is manufactured in the body (a vitamin is a substance that cannot be made but has to be ingested).
- Vitamin D increases during sunny periods. In terms of evolution sunshine equals growth, a period of increased food availability and so and a time to grow. High levels of vitamin D promotes growth of muscle and bone.
- Check and correct.
- Learn more about vitamin D
- External links:
- Seasonal Changes in Vitamin D-Effective UVB Availability in Europe and Associations with Population Serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D
- Vitamin D and other health conditions